Thunderstorms - cancellation policy
These are the steps we will be taking when thunderstorms are forecast:
1. When lightning strikes are detected within 5 miles of the lido, the pools will be cleared immediately, or the session start time will be delayed.
2. An ‘all clear’ to re-enter the pool will be given 30 minutes after the last observed lightning or thunder.
2. We will not cancel sessions in advance as a result of any thunderstorm weather warnings. As we only need to take action if the storm is within 5 miles of the lido it is impossible for us to predict in advance.
3. We will end sessions early if a storm does not clear, so as not to cause disruption to later sessions. We will endeavour to ensure you get a reasonable amount of your designated of pool time for all sessions. If we are unable to do this, then refunds can be requested.
4. We will start sessions at a delayed time if the storm has cleared. If a session start time would result in less than half of the designated pool time then it will be cancelled.
Details of refund entitlement:
50-minute sessions: Refunds will be issued on request if you do not have more than 30 minutes of pool time.
60-minute sessions: Refunds will be issued on request if you do not have more than 40 minutes of pool time.
90-minute sessions: Refunds will be issued on request if you do not have more than 60 minutes of pool time.
120+ minute sessions: Refunds will be issued on request if you do not have more than 80 minutes of pool time.
If your session is cancelled completely, you will receive a full refund.
To claim a refund, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and booking reference, or the session date and time and number of swimmers booked in.