We are forecast severe thunderstorms over the next two-three days. These are the steps we will be taking:
1. When lightning strikes are detected within 5 miles of the lido then the pools will be cleared and/or session start times delayed. A safe return to the pools will only be allowed once the lightning strikes have moved consistently more than 5 miles away from the lido. This will only affect the sessions in which the storm is the 5 mile radius, subsequent slots will not be affected.
2. We will not cancel sessions in advance as a result of the thunderstorm weather warning. As we only need to take action if the storm is within 5 miles it is impossible for us to predict in advance.
3. We cannot issue refunds. We will instead issue vouchers to the value of your ticket(s), which can be redeemed through our booking website. When using these vouchers you will not pay any booking fees. All attendees must attend the cancelled or cut short sessions in person to receive a voucher - these cannot be claimed over the phone or at a later date.
4. We will end sessions early if a storm does not clear so as not to cause disruption to later sessions. We will endeavour to ensure you get at least 30 minutes of pool time for all sessions. If your session is shorter than 30 minutes then you will be offered a voucher.
5. We will start sessions at a delayed time if the storm has cleared. We will endeavour to ensure you get at least 30 minutes of pool time for all sessions. If a session start time would result in less than 30 minutes pool time then it will be cancelled and vouchers issued.
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this, or our great British weather, may cause over the next few days
Watch our information video to see how our new systems work
Currently CLOSED due to coronavirus lockdown measures
ONLINE PRE-BOOKING ONLY: www.bookwhen.com/beccleslido
WINTER SWIMS - our boilers are off and our water temperature will now gradually decrease. Join us for lane swimming in the cool waters of Beccles Lido as we welcome in our first ever winter timetable! All sessions £4 for 45 minutes. Pre-booking only.
For further enquiries please call us on 01502 713297
Admission & Prices
ALL TICKETS CAN BE BOOKED ONLINE AT www.bookwhen.com/beccleslido
WINTER SWIM: 45 minute Lane Swimming sessions. 16+ only
|SESSION START TIME||PRICE BAND||PRICE|
|All Sessions||WINTER SWIM||£4.00 per person|
|All Sessions||SPECTATOR||£2.00 per person|
NEW for ALL SESSIONS - TEA, COFFEE & HOT CHOCOLATE!!!! £2 each, exact money only please - we are unable to accept card payments
TODDLER POOLS: Splash Pool and Toddler Pools are now closed for 2020
SWIM & FUN: Swim & Fun sessions have now ended for 2020. Look out for their return in 2021!
Sorry – 2020 Discount Vouchers no longer accepted due to reduced 2020 admission prices
We are unable to accept payments at the lido. Our online booking system will take payment when booking your time slot.
Unfortunately we do not allow any animals on site, except guide dogs.
Under 8s admissions policy
One responsible adult in the pool can supervise one 0-3 yr old
One responsible adult in the pool can supervise two 4-7 yr olds
One responsible adult in the pool can supervise one 0-3yr old and one 4-7yr old if one or both are wearing armbands
Events, Classes & News
Big Dog Ferry
We apologise but due to COVID-19 Big Dog Ferry is not currently operating.
The Big Dog Ferry runs between Beccles Lido and Geldeston Locks Inn
A relaxing 3 mile boat journey along the River Waveney
We also collect and drop-off at Geldeston Marina and Three Rivers Campsite (for the Wherry Inn).
Booking essential - please call 07532 072761 for bookings and visit www.bigdogferry.co.uk for timetable and more details
UNAVAILABLE OVER WINTER PERIOD
We offer canoe hire from the Lido in association with TheCanoeMan
Enjoy a canoe trip from the lido on one of the most attractive and unspoilt stretches of the River Waveney.
Advance bookings only - please visit The Canoe Man website for more information and to book or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you allow dogs on site?
Sorry, we do not allow any animals on site except guide dogs. We also do not allow unattended dogs to be left anywhere on our site. This includes in parked cars or tied to railings outside the lido or on the pontoon/riverside area.
How long can I stay once I have paid for entry?
As part of our COVID-19 control measures, for this season you will get 45 minutes of pool time, after which you will be called from the pool.
Ordinarily, once customers have paid for entry they are welcome to stay for the day. We hope to return to this system for 2021.
Can I leave and come back once I’ve paid?
Unfortunately, if customers leave the site then they will have to pay the admission price again to come back in.
Can I bring my own food and drink?
Customers are welcome to bring their own picnics but we do have a café on site which sells hot and cold food and drinks. (Closed for 2020)
Am I allowed to bring my own inflatables?
Customers are welcome to bring their own inflatables but we ask customers to check with lifeguards before taking them into the pool.
Do you have public lockers?
We have a number of lockers on site which take a returnable £1 coin.
What are the opening times of the café?
Sorry - Closed for 2020
Term Time, the café serves hot drinks 8.30am-5.30pm (7:00pm Thursdays) and hot food 8:30am-5:00pm (6:00pm thursdays).
School Holidays, the café serves hot drinks 8.00am-5:30pm (7:00pm Thursdays) and hot food 9:00am-5.30pm (7:00pm thursdays).
Can I bring my own chairs and parasols?
Customers are welcome to bring their own seating and umbrellas as we only have a limited number on site.
Do you sell sun-cream?
Sun-cream is available to purchase from the kiosk, however we recommend that customers bring their own. (Unavailable for 2020)
Do you sell swimwear?
Unfortunately, we do not sell swimwear but we do sell armbands, balls, inflatable rings and swimming goggles. (Unavailable for 2020)
Can I pay by card?
For 2020 payment is through our online booking system only.
Ordinarily we accept most major credit and debit cards as well as Apple Pay, we do not accept American Express. There is a minium spend of £3.00 for card payments.
Can I use flippers, snorkels and mono-fins?
Customers are welcome to use flippers, snorkels and mono-fins at the discretion of the manager. Please ask for permission before using them. The use of mermaid tails is not permitted.
Can I hire the pool for private functions?
The pool is available for private hire after our public opening hours. If you would like more information then please email email@example.com
Can I wear a wetsuit?
Yes you can, but please wash them thoroughly before entering the water, particularly if you use the suit in the river or sea.